South American Grilled Skirt Steak
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds flank steak cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 large avocado seeded and diced
- In a large bowl, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, steak,cumin, paprika, chili powder, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and flank steak and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- On an indoor grill, over medium high heat, grill steak 3 to 5 minutes per side until steak is cooked through.
- In a small bowl, add cilantro, tomatoes, lime juice, avocado, 1 tablespoon olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Slice steak and serve with cilantro salsa.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed small new red potatoes tossed with a little butter and chopped parsley. VEGETARIAN: Use vegetarian steak strips instead of flank steak. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 405 Calories; 29g Fat; 31g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 120mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!