Smothered Pork Chops
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 pork chops
- 1 large sweet onion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. In a medium bowl, beat eggs and water until smooth. On a plate, combine almond flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Rinse each pork chop well. Dip both sides in egg/water mixture then into almond flour mixture, coating well then shaking off excess. Add chops to the preheated skillet; cook for 5 minutes per side or until they start to brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add sliced onions; sprinkle with rosemary then cook and stir for 8 minutes or until browned. Push the onions to the side of the skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook until browned. Also push mushrooms to the side of the pan, with the onions. Return the pork chops to the pan then spread the onions and mushrooms on top of and in between each chop.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut cream and coconut milk; pour mixture over pork chops, onions and mushrooms. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated and started to thicken and pork chops are tender. Serve each chop with a spoonful of onion/mushroom sauce on top.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and baked sweet potatoes. NUTRITION: 509 Calories; 38g Fat; 31g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 144mg Cholesterol; 95mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 5 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!