Seared Sirloin with Provencal Vegetables
- 4 tablespoons ghee halved
- 2 medium orange bell peppers julienned
- 2 medium red bell peppers julienned
- 2 small red onions thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 4 ounces bacon chopped
- 3 cups chopped spinach cooked
- 1 cup sliced and cooked Portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 sirloin steaks well trimmed, 10 ounce
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a small sauté pan, over medium heat, heat half of the ghee. To the pan, add peppers and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Next, add red onions and garlic. Stir and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Add the coconut milk and bring to a simmer. To the pan add the next three ingredients (bacon through mushrooms). Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and coconut milk has reduced by 75%. Fold in basil and parsley and then remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees. Season sirloins on both sides with salt and pepper. In a large sauté pan, over high heat, heat remaining ghee. In pan, sear sirloins on each side for 3 minutes. Remove and place on a baking sheet. Top each sirloin with an equal amount of vegetable “crust”. Bake sirloins in oven for 13 minutes for medium rare or until desired doneness.
Serving Suggestion: Faux-Tay-Toes (1/2 head cauliflower, 1/2 tablespoon butter, Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste: Directions: Steam cauliflower until tender. In a large bowl, add steamed cauliflower, butter, salt and pepper. Mash together until resembling mashed potatoes.) + Steamed broccoli.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!