Salmon with Salsa Verde
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped, pitted Olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 lemon juiced, divided
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds salmon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large blender or food processor, add basil, parsley, olive oil, olives, capers, garlic, 1/2 the lemon juice, and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Pulse 1 to 2 minutes until smooth.
- In a large baking dish, add fish and remaining lemon juice and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until fish flakes easily with fork. Serve with salsa verde.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli and brown rice. VEGETARIAN: Use eggplant instead of salmon. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure olives and capers are gluten free. NUTRITION: 310 Calories; 19g Fat; 31g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 79mg Cholesterol; 314mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!