Rosemary Turkey Meatloaf
- 1 large shallot minced
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 medium cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Refrigerate turkey mixture for 1 hour (see recipe).
- In a large bowl, combine first 7 ingredients (ground turkey through salt and pepper). Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate turkey mixture for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a loaf pan with coconut oil. Using your very clean hands, press meatloaf mixture into the pan. Pour the tomato sauce over the meatloaf then bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until browned and cooked through in the center.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with ghee, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: 469 Calories; 25g Fat; 46g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 300mg Cholesterol; 999mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!