Rosemary Beef and Veggie Stew
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound cubed beef heart or 1 pound cubed stew meat
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 large bay leaves
- 1 large sprig rosemary
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 1 cup pearl onions
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 1 small head cauliflower cut into florets
- 3 cups chopped kale
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the pot, add the meat, onion and garlic. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until meat is brown.
- To the pot, add the arrowroot flour and mix. Add remaining ingredients, stir and bring stew to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 to 35 minutes, until meat is to desired doneness and vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaf and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with Garlicky Stir-Fried Baby Spinach (Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add 1 clove pressed garlic and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add 1 (10- oz) package baby spinach; cook, turning with tongs, until slightly wilted; drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.) NUTRITION: 323 Calories; 8g Fat; 33g Protein; 34g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 129mg Cholesterol; 319mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 5 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!