Roasted Salmon with Balsamic Cherry Glaze
- 4 large salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 drops liquid stevia
- 3 tablespoons dried unsweetened cherries
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 4 cups Bibb lettuce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large baking dish, place the salmon. Season salmon with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place salmon in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, add the balsamic vinegar, stevia, cherries, rosemary and garlic. Bring vinegar mixture to a boil and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, stir constantly, until it has thickened.
- Place salmon on a bed of lettuce leaves and drizzle sauce over the top. Serve warm.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli and cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper then fluff with a fork). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure balsamic vinegar and liquid stevia is gluten free. NUTRITION: 197 Calories; 8g Fat; 24g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 59mg Cholesterol; 82mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!