Roasted Lemon Chicken with Goat Cheese
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon sliced into 6 slices
- 1 log goat cheese cut into 6 slices, 4-ounce
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- On a baking dish, place chicken and top with thyme, olive oil, sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, lemon slice and goat cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sauteed zucchini and yellow squash. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken breasts. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 316 Calories; 11g Fat; 50g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 130mg Cholesterol; 189mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 7 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!