- 1 1/2 pounds lean beef round steak cut into serving-size strips
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and sliced into rings
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- 1/2 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add steak strips; cook until browned on all sides.
- Meanwhile, spread bell pepper rings and onion on the bottom of a slow cooker. Top with browned beef.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients (broth through Worcestershire); pour mixture over the top of the beef, onion and bell peppers. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce are gluten free. VEGETARIAN: Use seasonal vegetables instead of beef. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 407 Calories; 27g Fat; 35g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 101mg Cholesterol; 172mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 ½ Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!