Parmesan and Herb Crusted Fish
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated, divided
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 fillets firm white fish fresh or frozen
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate fish for 15 minutes (see recipe).
- In medium bowl, combine 1/4 cup of Parmesan with next 7 ingredients (mayo through onion powder); blend well. Coat fillets with mayo mixture then place them in a shallow bowl or pan; cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- At time of cooking, place oven rack in middle position and preheat broiler. Remove fish from marinade and place on a foil-lined sheet pan or broiler pan. Coat fillets with the marinade and top with the remaining grated Parmesan. Broil fillets for 5 to 8 minutes or until golden on top and insides flake easily when tested with a fork.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure mayonnaise is gluten free. VEGETARIAN: Use tofu instead of fish. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 353 Calories; 17g Fat; 46g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 111mg Cholesterol; 399mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!