Paleo “Taco” Salad
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 3 large avocados pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 cup shredded Romaine lettuce
- 1 14-oz. can sliced black olives
- Steam cauliflower until very tender; drain then place in a blender or food processor along with the coconut milk; puree until smooth then set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add next 7 ingredients (ground beef through salt and pepper); cook for 5 minutes, breaking up ground beef, or until browned.
- In a large crock cooker, layer ground beef mixture and cauliflower mash; pour broth over the top. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours, until beef is cooked through.
- Evenly arrange a portion of beef/cauliflower mixture on each dinner plate; top with layers of tomatoes, avocados, lettuce and olives; serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot, celery and jicama sticks. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 1016 Calories; 80g Fat; 52g Protein; 30g Carbohydrate; 12g Dietary Fiber; 157mg Cholesterol; 1165mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 12 Fat. Points: 28
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!