Orange Turkey Meatball and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons almond flour or almond meal
- 1 medium egg
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (turkey through salt and pepper). Form meat mixture into 2 tablespoon sized balls.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the meatballs and brown for 2 minutes on each side. To the skillet, add the broccoli and turn heat down to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, until meatballs are no longer pink in the center and broccoli is bright green and tender.
- In a medium bowl, mix the remaining ingredients (soy sauce through green onion) and pour over the meatballs and broccoli. Stir and cook for 2 minutes, until heated through. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: 248 Calories; 15g Fat; 23g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 120mg Cholesterol; 728mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!