Mushroom Burgers with Avocado Aioli
- 1 pound ground beef
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small onion sliced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- In a medium bowl, mix the beef and salt and pepper. Form beef into patties. In a skillet over medium heat, place the burgers. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, until each patty is to desired level of doneness. Remove burgers and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in skillet over medium heat. To the skillet, add the onion, mushrooms and thyme.
- Cook for 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- In a blender, blend the next four ingredients (avocado through garlic) until smooth to make avocado aioli. Set aside.
- Place each burger on a lettuce leaf and place onion mixture on top. Drizzle the avocado aioli over the burger and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: With a side of Stir-Fried Zucchini and Yellow Squash (To stir-fry: Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add sliced zucchini, yellow squash and red bell pepper; cook and stir until tender-crisp.) NUTRITION: 495 Calories; 42g Fat; 21g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 96mg Cholesterol; 85mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 7 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!