Mushroom and Thyme Pork Chops
- 4 large pork chops bone-in
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup full fat sour cream
- In a large crock cooker, place the pork chops. Layer the onion, garlic and mushrooms on top.
- In a medium bowl, mix the broth, thyme and salt and pepper to taste and pour over the vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, until pork is falling off the bone.
- Remove pork and stir in sour cream. Serve pork with a side of vegetables and drizzle sauce over the top. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-tay-toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure beef broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: 442 Calories; 26g Fat; 42g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 118mg Cholesterol; 120mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!