Lime and Chili Grilled Steak Tacos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds flank steak cut into 2 inch strips
- 2 limes juiced, divided
- red pepper flakes to taste
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large bell peppers any color, seeded and cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 large red onions cut into 2-inch strips
- 6 tortillas warmed
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 large avocado seeded and diced
- In a large bowl, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, steak, juice of 1 lime, red pepper flakes and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- On an indoor grill, grill peppers and onions over medium high heat 5 to 7 minutes per side. Add steak and grill 3 to 5 minutes per side until steak is cooked through.
- Slice steak and place in tortilla and top with bell peppers and onions, cilantro, juice of 1 lime and avocado.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked butternut squash. VEGETARIAN: Use vegetarian steak strips instead of flank steak. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tortillas are gluten free. NUTRITION: 501 Calories; 23g Fat; 23g Protein; 51g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 39mg Cholesterol; 404mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!