Lemony Chicken Noodle Soup
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 large red onion chopped
- 2 large carrot chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 large =zucchini chopped
- 1/2 lemon zested
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 pound egg noodles
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- In a large slow cooker, add the first 9 ingredients (chicken through thyme) and cook on low for 7 hours, add egg noodles and cook an additional hour until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Whole grain rolls with butter. VEGETARIAN: Use canned white beans instead of chicken thighs and vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure the egg noodles are gluten free NUTRITION: 479 Calories; 11g Fat; 55g Protein; 40g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 184mg Cholesterol; 843mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!