Lemon Thyme Swordfish
- 6 swordfish steaks
- 2 lemons juiced
- 2 shallots minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons coarse mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate fish for 1 hour (see recipe).
- Place fish in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (lemon juice through salt and pepper); pour mixture over fish then seal bag, turn to coat and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat an indoor grill pan over medium heat until hot. Remove swordfish steaks from marinade (discarding marinade and bag); grill for 5 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby red potatoes and steamed asparagus. VEGETARIAN: Instead of fish, use tempeh and adjust marinating and cooking times accordingly. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure mustard is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 535 Calories; 27g Fat; 37g Protein; 38g Carbohydrate; 13g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 68mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!