Lemon Roasted Chicken and Carrots
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts chopped
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 large lemon sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the chicken. Cook for 5 minutes, until chicken is brown.
- In a large baking dish, add the remaining ingredients (onion through salt and pepper) and the chicken.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Remove lemon slices and serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-tay-toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 293 Calories; 6g Fat; 41g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 155mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!