Lemon Ginger Roasted Chicken
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 medium rutabaga peeled and chopped
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 large lemon sliced
- In a small bowl, mix the first 7 ingredients (salt and pepper through ginger).
- To a large crock cooker, add the onion, rutabaga and carrot. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables and pour the herb mixture on top. Rub the herb mixture onto the chicken. Place the lemon slices on top of the seasoned chicken and cover. Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, until the chicken is fall apart tender and vegetables are tender.
- Remove chicken meat from the carcass and serve with vegetables.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add a Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not Iceberg - no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.) NUTRITION: 461 Calories; 30g Fat; 31g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 141mg Cholesterol; 137mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!