Lemon Caper Salmon Salad
- 4 medium salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 medium clove garlic minced
- 4 cups mixed spring salad greens
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place salmon fillets in a large baking dish; drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove salmon fillets from the oven; allow them to cool then place them in a medium bowl and flake into bite-sized pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine next 5 ingredients (lemon juice through garlic); pour mixture over flaked salmon and toss to combine.
- Arrange salad greens on dinner plates; top with a scoop salmon mixture then garnish with chopped red onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, honey and dill; salt and pepper to taste. Pour dressing over the salad and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot and celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber spears. NUTRITION: 250 Calories; 8g Fat; 34g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 134mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!