- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 2 inch cubes
- 2 large red onions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 cup red wine or low sodium chicken broth
- 1 28-oz. can plum tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup black olives pitted
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and sear chicken 5 to 7 minutes per side until browned.
- In a large slow cooker, add chicken and remaining 9 ingredients (onions through thyme) and cook on low for 8 hours until chicken is cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mashed potatoes and steamed green beans. VEGETARIAN: Use canned white beans instead of chicken thighs. Also, if not using red wine use low sodium vegetable broth. Adjust cook time. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure red wine (or chicken broth), canned tomatoes and black olives are gluten free. NUTRITION: 368 Calories; 14g Fat; 36g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 143mg Cholesterol; 434mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!