Herb Roasted Steak
- 2 large beef steaks your choice of cut
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 small bunch parsley chopped
- 1 small bunch chives chopped
- 1 large stem fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 2 stalks fresh oregano finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Season steaks with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Prepare herb butter: In a small bowl, combine next 6 ingredients (butter through lemon juice); salt and pepper to taste then set aside.
- Place oil and 1 tablespoon of herb butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks; cook for 8 to 10 minutes total, turning once, or until nicely browned and cooked to desired level of doneness. Transfer steaks to a cutting board and allow them to rest for 15 minutes before thinly slicing.
- To serve, top steak slices with remaining herb butter.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. VEGETARIAN: Use seasonal vegetables instead of beef. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 359 Calories; 27g Fat; 26g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 107mg Cholesterol; 74mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!