Ham and Collard Greens Quiche
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 2 cups chopped ham
- 3 cups chopped collard greens
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 6 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil. To the skillet, add the next 4 ingredients (ham through garlic). Cook for 10 minutes, until ham and vegetables are brown.
- In a large pie dish, oil with the remaining coconut oil then pour in the ham mixture.
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients (eggs through cheddar cheese) and pour over the vegetables. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until egg is firm and the quiche is brown on top.
- Serve warm.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A tossed green salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies and low carb dressing). GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 488 Calories; 40g Fat; 25g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 443mg Cholesterol; 1136mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 6 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!