Grilled Chicken with Arugula and Orange Salad
- 6 cups arugula
- 4 inch blood oranges peeled and cut into 1/4-rounds, or navel oranges
- 3 avocados pitted, peeled and sliced
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- In a large bowl, place arugula, oranges and avocados. In a small bowl, combine next 4 ingredients (lemon juice through salt and pepper); drizzle over arugula mixture and toss well.
- Heat the olive oil in an indoor grill pan over medium heat until hot. Add chicken; grill for 8 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced tomatoes, avocados and cucumber on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and adjust cooking time accordingly. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure mustard is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 547 Calories; 34g Fat; 43g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 188mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 6 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!