Ginger Beet Burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 medium beets peeled and shredded
- 8 large leaves romaine lettuce
- Preheat grill to HIGH.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly combine first 5 ingredients (ground beef through gingerroot); form mixture into patties. Reduce grill heat to MEDIUM-HIGH then place patties on grill and cook for 10 minutes per side or until they reach desired level of doneness.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and beets; season with salt and pepper then cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Place burgers on lettuce leaves and top with sautéed onion and beets.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big bowl of coleslaw (shredded cabbage, carrot and radishes) tossed with Paleo mayo and a little rice vinegar. NUTRITION: 485 Calories; 33g Fat; 34g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 117mg Cholesterol; 172mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!