German Beef Stew
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 1 large leek chopped
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped okra
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 3 cups low sodium beef broth or use bone broth
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced thyme
- 1 1/2 pounds browned ground beef
- 2 cups sauerkraut drained
- 2 medium avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat the ghee. To the ghee, add the leek and celery and cook for 5 minutes. To the celery mixture, add the next 9 ingredients (okra through thyme) and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- To the soup, add the beef and stir. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until heated through. Fold in sauerkraut and top with avocado to serve.
Serving Suggestion: Curried Green Beans (1 pound green beans, trimmed, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1 garlic clove, minced, 1 teaspoon grated ginger, 1 tablespoon curry powder, Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, 1 tablespoon slivered almonds: Directions- Steam green beans till tender-crisp; drain and set aside to cool.) & Cauli rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!