Flank Steak With Turnip Salad
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 pounds flank steak
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large shallot peeled
- 2 medium cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups mixed spring salad greens
- 1 cup sliced turnips
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large skillet, melt the coconut oil over high heat until hot. Sear each steak for 5 minutes per side then transfer to a baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes or until there is a thin pink strip in the middle of each steak. Remove steaks from the oven; allow them to cool then diagonally cut them into thin strips.
- Prepare dressing: To a food processor, add next 6 ingredients (salt and pepper through olive oil); blend until smooth.
- Arrange greens and sliced turnips on dinner plates; top with steak strips then drizzle with dressing.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced cucumbers and tomatoes on the side. NUTRITION: 510 Calories; 35g Fat; 36g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 87mg Cholesterol; 159mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!