Crispy Fish with Caramelized Onion and Broccoli
- 4 medium fillets firm white fish fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pat fish filets with paper towel to dry.
- In a large bowl, pour the coconut milk. In a separate large bowl, mix the shredded coconut, coconut flour and salt and pepper.
- Dip the fish in the coconut milk then dip each side in the coconut mixture. Place the fish in a baking dish and place in the oven. Bake for 10 to 15minutes on each side, until the fish is crispy on the outside and flakes easily with a fork on the inside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the coconut oil. To the skillet, add the onion and cook for 10 minutes stirring often, until the onion tender. To the onion, add the broccoli and cook 10 more minutes, until the broccoli is tender and the onion is caramelized.
- Serve the broccoli mixture with the fish.
SERVING SUGGESTION: With a side of Cauli-Rice (Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork.) NUTRITION: 186 Calories; 9g Fat; 17g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 37mg Cholesterol; 73mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!