Creamy Goat Cheese Penne
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 1/2 lemon zested
- 1 1/2 cups goat cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- red pepper flakes to taste
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound penne pasta cooked according to package directions (reserve 1/4 cup cooking water)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and saute onions and garlic 5 to 7 minutes until fork tender, add lemon zest and saute 5 minutes. Add goat cheese, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, red pepper flakes, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, penne and 1/4 cup reserved pasta water and saute 1 to 2 minutes until cheese is warmed.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies and salad dressing). VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure penne is gluten free. NUTRITION: 467 Calories; 16g Fat; 19g Protein; 61g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 30mg Cholesterol; 105mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!