Creamy Beef Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons thyme chopped
- 1 large leek chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 3 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the pot, add the thyme, leeks and garlic and cook for 5 minutes. To the pot, add the ground beef and cook for 10 minutes, chopping up beef into small pieces with spoon.
- To the beef, add the remaining ingredients (broth through cumin) and reduce heat to low. Cook soup for 20 minutes, until beef is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure beef broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: 413 Calories; 24g Fat; 36g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 82mg Cholesterol; 143mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non- Fat Milk; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!