Coconut Garlic Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken livers cubed (or boneless, skinless chicken thighs)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 14-oz. cans coconut milk
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large crock cooker, add all the ingredients and stir. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed Broccoli (Place the broccoli in a steaming basket over boiling water; cover and steam for 3 minutes. Remove lid for a moment, then cook partially covered, until the stems are tender-firm, another 8-10 minutes. Remove to platter; season with salt and pepper.) NUTRITION: 470 Calories; 29g Fat; 35g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 498mg Cholesterol; 551mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 5 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!