Chicken Wraps with Yogurt Curry Sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion chopped
- 4 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the chicken and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Allow chicken to cool, then shred into bite sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken and the next 8 ingredients (yogurt through onion) and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- On individual plates, lay out the lettuce leaves and scoop the chicken salad into the leaves. Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Turnip fries (peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 375-degree oven, turning once, until tender; sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Greek yogurt is gluten free. NUTRITION: 237 Calories; 9g Fat; 29g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 80mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!