Chicken Tikka Pitas
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt divided
- 1 lemon juiced, divided
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 6 pita bread rounds warmed
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add chicken, ginger, garlic, chili powder, turmeric, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, juice of ½ lemon and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- In a large baking dish, add chicken and bake for 15 to 17 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- In a small bowl, add 1/2 cup yogurt, juice of 1/2 lemon, cilantro and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Place chicken in pita and top with yogurt sauce.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Relish tray of carrot and celery sticks, cucumber spears, cherry tomatoes and black olives. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken breasts. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Greek yogurt and pitas are gluten free. NUTRITION: 485 Calories; 4g Fat; 71g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 155mg Cholesterol; 517mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 8 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!