Chicken Cauliflower Curry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves cut into small strips
- 4 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 4 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 14-oz. cans unsweetened coconut milk
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- In a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid, heat the olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add chicken strips, cauliflower and onion; cook and stir for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- To the same skillet, whisk in next 8 ingredients (curry paste through salt and pepper). Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Return chicken and vegetables to the skillet; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in lemon juice and basil; serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 332 Calories; 13g Fat; 36g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 75mg Cholesterol; 597mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!