Cauliflower Leek Turkey Hash
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 medium leeks chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 tablespoons coconut aminos
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil.
- To the skillet, add the turkey. Cook for 10 minutes, until turkey is brown. Set turkey aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the remaining coconut oil. To the skillet, add the cauliflower, leek and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes, until cauliflower is tender. To the skillet add the turkey and the remaining ingredients and stir. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, until turkey is warm and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Shredded Brussels Sprouts (Cut large Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise then place on a clean surface, cut sides down, and thinly slice; stir-fry in olive oil and grass fed butter over medium heat until almost tender. Add a little low sodium chicken broth, cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until tender; toss with salt and pepper to taste.) NUTRITION: 275 Calories; 17g Fat; 22g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 137mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!