Beer Marinated Citrus Chicken Thighs
- 12 ounces beer such as lager
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 lemons quartered
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- Prepare marinade: In a small bowl, combine beer, marmalade, salt and pepper. Reserve about 1/4 or so of this mixture and set aside in the refrigerator for later use.
- Place chicken in a large zipper-topped plastic bag along with remaining marinade and the lemon wedges. Seal bag and turn to coat chicken completely. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- At time of cooking, preheat a large grill pan or outdoor grill to MEDIUM. Remove chicken and lemons from the bag, discarding marinade but keeping the lemon wedges. Grill chicken, for 15 minutes, turning frequently and moving the pieces to a cooler area of the grill if they’re browning too quickly. Cook until well browned and juices run clear when pierced with the tip of a sharp knife. Also grill the lemons until browned and very soft.
- Serve chicken and lemons with a light drizzle of reserved marinade mixture.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure beer and marmalade are gluten free. VEGETARIAN: Use seasonal vegetables instead of chicken. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 242 Calories; 5g Fat; 28g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 115mg Cholesterol; 132mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!