Basil Couscous with Summer Squash
- 2 cups couscous cooked according to package directions
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large zucchini cut into 1-inch rounds
- 1 large yellow summer squash cut into 1-inch rounds
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- In a medium bowl, toss together warm couscous with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the basil, salt and pepper.
- In an indoor grill pan, heat remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add zucchini and yellow squash; grill for 5 minutes per side then add to couscous. Top with cheese and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, avocado, tomato and cucumber, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free couscous. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 575 Calories; 26g Fat; 37g Protein; 48g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 78mg Cholesterol; 464mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!