Barbecue Chicken Lettuce Cups
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 large onion minced
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 large leaves Boston lettuce OR Bibb
- In a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid, heat the olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add garlic and onion; cook for 5 minutes. Add chicken, cauliflower, barbecue sauce, salt and pepper. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through; cool slightly.
- Evenly fill lettuce leaves with chicken mixture and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced cucumber, tomatoes and avocado on the side. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 241 Calories; 12g Fat; 27g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 107mg Cholesterol; 248mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!