Balsamic Shallot Salmon
- 4 large salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 large shallot sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 cups Bibb lettuce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large baking dish, place the salmon. Season salmon with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place salmon in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, add the vinegar, shallot and garlic. Bring vinegar mixture to a boil and cook for 20 minutes, until it has thickened into a sauce.
- Place salmon on a bed of lettuce leaves and drizzle sauce over the top. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (Steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with grass fed butter, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture.) NUTRITION: 189 Calories; 7g Fat; 24g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 59mg Cholesterol; 84mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!