Asiago and Pesto Pork Tenderloin
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup shaved asiago cheese
- 2 pound pork tenderloin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse the first 7 ingredients (pine nuts through tomatoes), until a paste forms.
- Pour pesto into a bowl and stir in cheese.
- Using a sharp knife, butterfly the tenderloin down the middle. Pour the pesto mixture into the tenderloin and close the pork up using toothpicks (inserted on either side of the opening). Place the pork in a large baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 140 degrees.
- Allow pork to cool, then slice and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and faux-tay-toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter; cream cheese and salt and pepper until you get a mashed potatoes texture). GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 453 Calories; 24g Fat; 52g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 154mg Cholesterol; 288mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!