Apple Pulled Pork
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 pork shoulder 2-pound
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 large apples peeled, cored and diced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large crock cooker, place first 4 ingredients (onion through diced apple).
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients (salt and pepper through cayenne pepper); add to crock cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours, or until pork is forktender and falling apart. Transfer pork to a cutting board or plate and allow it to cool slightly. Shred with two forks then return to crock cooker and blend with juices. Remove rosemary sprigs and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Evenly fill Romaine lettuce leaves with pork mixture and roll up to make wraps. Add a big bowl of Zesty Coleslaw (toss together finely shredded cabbage and carrots, thinly sliced red onion, radishes and zucchini with a whisked-up dressing of extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, raw honey, salt, pepper and dry mustard to taste). NUTRITION: Per Serving : 502 Calories; 31g Fat; 35g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 121mg Cholesterol; 404mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 4 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 13
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!