Zucchini Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound chicken livers (or 1 boneless skinless chicken thighs), chopped
- 2 large zucchini chopped
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the onion, garlic and chicken. Cook for 5 minutes, until chicken is brown.
- To the skillet, add the remaining ingredients and stir. Cook for 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork.) NUTRITION: 213 Calories; 8g Fat; 22g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 498mg Cholesterol; 136mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; ½ Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!