Turkey Rosemary Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 medium cloves garlic minced
- 1 large boneless skinless turkey breast cubed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 4 cups chopped kale
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- Melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add turkey and sweet potato; cook for 5 minutes or until turkey is brown. Add remaining ingredients (broth through lemon zest); stir to combine.
- Reduce heat then cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until turkey is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot and celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber spears. NUTRITION: 338 Calories; 5g Fat; 45g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 70mg Cholesterol; 742mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!