Turkey Citrus Salad
- 1 large boneless skinless turkey breast
- 2 teaspoons ghee
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- 1 small grapefruit peeled and segmented
- 1 small orange peeled and segmented
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 small shallot chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 drops liquid stevia
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large baking dish, place the turkey. Rub the turkey with the next 4 ingredients (ghee through chili powder).
- Place the turkey in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, until the center of the turkey is no longer pink. Allow turkey to cool, then slice.
- In a large bowl, add the next 6 ingredients (spinach through shallots) and the turkey.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients (vinegar through olive oil) and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked eggplant. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure red wine vinegar and liquid stevia is gluten free. NUTRITION: 363 Calories; 20g Fat; 32g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 84mg Cholesterol; 114mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!