Turkey Burrito Bowls
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- 1 14-oz. can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 2 medium avocados peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 large radishes sliced
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the onion, garlic, turkey and salt and pepper.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until turkey is cooked through.
- In individual bowls, layer the lettuce, turkey, beans, salsa, avocados, cheese and radishes and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sliced cucumbers. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure salsa is gluten free. NUTRITION: 293 Calories; 15g Fat; 25g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 96mg Cholesterol; 236mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!