Tuna Steaks with Apple Cider Vinaigrette Salad
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 medium tuna steaks
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups spring mix lettuce
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet over high heat, add tuna steaks. Season both sides with salt and pepper and sear each side for 5 minutes.
- Place fish in a baking dish and place in oven. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork and is cooked to desired level of doneness.
- In a large bowl, add the lettuce, onion and radishes and toss.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth. Pour dressing over salad and toss.
- Place tuna over a bed of salad and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Zucchini Pasta (Julienne or cut large zucchini lengthwise into thin strips; stir-fry in a skillet coated with olive oil over medium-high heat until slightly limp.) NUTRITION: 408 Calories; 25g Fat; 40g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 65mg Cholesterol; 69mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!