Thai Beef Salad
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 large shallots thinly sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds flank steak
- In a medium bowl, add first 14 ingredients (olive oil through pepper) and stir to combine the salad.
- On an indoor grill, over medium high heat grill steak 3 to 5 minutes per side until steak is cooked through.
- Slice steak and serve on top of salad.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked russet potatoes. VEGETARIAN: Omit the fish sauce and use eggplant instead of flank steak. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure fish sauce, soy sauce and sesame seed oil is gluten free. NUTRITION: 403 Calories; 26g Fat; 31g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 78mg Cholesterol; 460mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!