Tangy Warm Cabbage and Chicken Salad
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped*
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped chicken; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until chicken has browned.
- Add cabbage; cook for an additional 5 minutes or until cabbage is tender and chicken juices run clear; salt and pepper to taste then set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients (coconut aminos through carrots); add chicken and cabbage mixture; toss and serve.
- *Leanne’s Note: Partially frozen chicken is easier to chop.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Spicy Sweet Potato Fries: Peel sweet potatoes and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, until tender; season to taste with salt, pepper and chili pepper; toss well then serve hot. NUTRITION: 374 Calories; 27g Fat; 21g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 75mg Cholesterol; 139mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 4 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!