Tangy Broccoli Cabbage Chicken Salad
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat. To the skillet, add the garlic, and chicken. Cook for 5 minutes, until chicken is brown on the outside. To the skillet, add the broccoli and cook an additional 5 minutes, until broccoli is bright green and chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients and the chicken and broccoli mixture. Toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed Green Beans or Asparagus (Steam green beans or asparagus until slightly tender.) NUTRITION: 131 Calories; 6g Fat; 15g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 54mg Cholesterol; 79mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!