Sun-dried Tomato and Pesto Pork Tenderloin
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1 pork tenderloin 2 1/2-pound
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare pesto: In a food processor, pulse first 6 ingredients (pine nuts through lemon juice) until a paste is formed; transfer pesto to a medium bowl then add the sun-dried tomatoes and blend well.
- Using a sharp knife, butterfly the tenderloin down the middle. Pour pesto mixture onto one side of the tenderloin; top with the other side of the tenderloin and seal with toothpicks inserted on either side of the opening.
- Place the tenderloin in a large baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 140 degrees.
- Allow pork to cool slightly, then slice and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed rutabagas mashed with ghee, salt, pepper and ground nutmeg to taste. Add shredded cabbage sautéed in ghee and tossed with salt, pepper and caraway seeds to taste. NUTRITION: 496 Calories; 24g Fat; 62g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 184mg Cholesterol; 230mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 9 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!